CRAKGON solves pressure cracks
Posted on November 29, 2010
CRAKGON handles the pressure in Singaporean high rise buildings!
In this the sixth of a series of case studies on CRAKGON we demonstrate the amazing ability of CRAKGON to perform in extreme situations. CRAKGON on its own lowered building failure rates from 50% to 5%!
Simply Paint it on and the cracks are gone!
CRAKGON® case study no. 6.
Building cracks: fantastic performance under pressure
Large [50 storey] apartment buildings put pressure on walls and hairline cracks develop, it’s just the way it is or is it?
Here are the facts:
- In Singapore the size of high rise apartment buildings develop hairline cracks in the supporting walls
- The government accepts at 50% failure rate and building owners are continually repairing the cracked surfaces
- CRAKGON® in combination with paint was proposed as a solution to the pressure cracking. The CRAKGON® glass fibres, that function like the reinforced steel rod grids in concrete ensuring outstanding strength and adhesion on most surfaces, were proposed as an alternative.
- CRAKGON® and paint were applied to the walls
- The 50% building failure rate diminished to a 5% failure rate in buildings where CRAKGON® was applied. CRAKGON solves problems even under pressure
Just paint it on, cracks are gone! Problem solved.
Previous entry: The design world is embracing digital wallcoverings | Next entry: Designing New York